As a result of the frequent occurrence of criminal law in many areas of business law, a team of experts led by Tomasz Konopka was established to be solely engaged in business criminal law as part of the firm’s Litigation Department.
Apart from invaluable experience in handling criminal cases, attorneys in the team have a broad knowledge in the areas of operations conducted by business entities. Our experience enables us to perform a full analysis of the issues related to business crime and the prevention of the risk of criminal liability.
The team focuses on representing clients at all stages of a prosecution and in all types of court proceedings related to the misappropriation of funds and business crimes, such as:
- money laundering
- illegal transfer of assets from business entities
- creative accounting
- false transactions and bankruptcies and
- transactions with the use of illegally obtained information and all other actions which lead business entities’ exposure to losses.
Apart from representing clients, our team also offers comprehensive assistance as part of conducted proceedings, consisting, i.a., of:
- assisting in conducting internal investigations
- collecting evidence and assessing its usefulness in the litigation process
- consultancy aimed at preventing or minimizing the risk of criminal proceedings being conducted if accusations are brought against our clients.
The business criminal law team cooperates with reliable detective agencies and experts. Moreover, we have established close cooperation with such professional business partners as the Ciszewski Public Relation agency and HRK human resources consulting company, allowing SK&S to offer our clients full support in crisis situations.