SK&S’s Real Estate Department, led by Radosław Waszkiewicz, delivers our clients high quality comprehensive legal assistance in relation to both real estate transactions (acquisitions, divestments, leasing) and development (construction) projects in all real estate sectors, including, amongst others, office, industry and logistics, hotels, residential, and retail and shopping centre projects, as well as agricultural properties.
We have strong cross-practice capability; the firm as a whole is one of the largest on the market (with over 140 lawyers) and provides leading full-service support. The real estate team can, and frequently does, draw on the firm’s strength in practice areas such as corporate, project finance, tax, state aid, IP, competition and litigation. We have the ability to provide complex, joined-up legal advice and advise on projects from all the relevant legal perspectives.
We have acted for many years for a very diverse portfolio of real estate clients. These include international real estate funds, developers, hypermarkets, discount markets and other retail chains, private equity funds, industrial companies, and some of the world’s largest corporations as real estate occupiers and investors for their own business needs (as owners and lessees). A great many of these attorney-client relationships are deep and longstanding.
We have an outstanding track record and strong expertise in industrial and logistics investments.
We co-operate closely with renowned foreign and international law firms on large multijurisdictional real estate portfolio transactions, which ensures our clients have access to the newest trends and know how on the global real estate market.
Our assistance to real estate industry players encompasses in particular:
- legal assistance on real estate sale and purchase transactions, including special purpose companies and portfolio transactions
- legal and tax due diligence on properties, special purpose and holding vehicles
- legal structuring of transactions and investments, including their financing
- planning and implementing corporate structures (domestic and international) for real estate investments, including joint venture structures
- legal assistance on leasing transactions on office, retail, industrial, hotel and leisure properties – landlords’ and tenants’ representation
- legal assistance on financing acquisitions and development of properties – borrowers’, sponsors’ and lenders’ representation, including also assistance on establishing securities
- comprehensive tax advice on real estate transactions and investments
- legal and tax advice on all aspects of property and asset management
- legal assistance on construction tendering, negotiation and realization of construction contracts (including assistance with claim management) – employers’ and contractors’ representation
- representation in administrative and court-administrative proceedings pertaining to development permitting, including environmental, zoning and construction permits, etc.
- road, infrastructure, easement and use agreements with authorities, utility suppliers and neighbors in relation to property development
- assistance with applying for and reconciliation of state aid for property investments
- property litigation and arbitration
- construction litigation and arbitration