1. Cookie files (so-called “cookies”) constitute IT data, in particular text files which are stored on the Service User’s device and are intended for use on the Service websites. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they come, the period for which they are stored on the device, and a unique number.
2. The entity placing the cookie files on the Service User’s device and having access to them is the operator SKS Legal Sołtysiński Kawecki & Szlęzak, ul. Jasna 26, 00-054 Warszawa.
3. Cookies files are used for the following purposes:
a) to adapt the content of the Service website to the User’s preferences, as well as to optimize use of websites; in particular these files make it possible to recognize the Service User’s device and display the website adapted to the Service User’s individual needs;
b) to create statistics which help to understand in what way Service Users use websites, which makes it possible to improve the website’s structure and content; and
c) to maintain the Service User’s session (following log out), thanks to which the User does not have to log in and type in the password on each subpage of the Service.
4. Two basic types of cookie files are used in the Service: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s device until such time as the User logs out, leaves the website or switches off the software (website browser). Persistent cookie files are stored on the User’s device for a specified period of time with the parameters of a cookie file or until such time as they are deleted by the User.
5. The following four types of cookie files are used in the Service:
a) necessary cookie files which make it possible to use services available in the Service, e.g. authentication cookie files are used for services which require authentication in the Service;
b) cookie files which serve to ensure security, e.g. are used to detect misuses involving authentication within the Service;
c) performance cookie files which make it possible to collect information about the way in which use is made of the Service websites; and
d) functional cookie files which make it possible to ‘remember’ settings selected by the User and the personalization of the User’s interface, e.g. as regards the selected language or region from which the User comes, character size, website appearance, etc.;
6. In many cases, software which serves to view websites (a website browser) deliberately allows the storage of cookie files on the User’s device. Service Users may at any time change the settings of the cookie files. These settings may be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic service of cookie files in the settings of the website browser or to inform a User each time they are placed on the Service User’s device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways to service cookie files is available in the software’s settings (a website browser), e.g.:
in the Internet Explorer website browser
in the Mozilla Firefox website browser
in the Chrome website browser
in the Safari website browser
in the Opera website browser
7. The Service operator informs that restrictions on the use of cookie files may have an impact on certain functions available on the Service website.
8. Cookie files may be placed on the Service User’s device and used also by partners cooperating with the operator.
9. More information about cookie files is available in the “Help” section in the website browser menu.